Closing Date: December 31, 2023
Are you looking for a new career opportunity working with some of the world's largest mining equipment? This is the position for you! Haul Truck Operators and Mine Operation Labourers are responsible for safely operating various models of haul trucks transporting coal or rock and providing operational support in an open pit coal mine. No equipment operating experience necessary, Teck provides all new employees with extensive internal training. Come experience the opportunities for career growth and advance your knowledge in the mining sector.
We offer the chance to live and work in the majestic Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our operators and labourers work an attractive 4 x 4 days and nights shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work-life balance. Add to this, exciting work assignments and excellent opportunities for professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company, and we believe you will find what you are looking for! Permanent employment status is now available across many of our operations. Our employees receive a competitive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, base earnings plus the following benefits:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Base Earnings: $97,000 - $116,000
Base earnings include the hourly wage plus applicable shift premiums and will differ depending on location. It is calculated using a reasonably expected number of hours worked per year.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Operate haul trucks ranging in size from 180 ton to 400-ton capacity on a 4 x 4 12-hour shift rotation of days and nights
- Perform mining related duties, including handling electrical cables, delivering supplies across the pit, and inspecting or driving equipment and vehicles including autonomous haulage support
- Work and operate in all weather conditions, including rain, fog, and winter conditions
- Communicate effectively and professionally with dispatch, other operators, and supervisors using communication devices such as two-way radio and on-board computers
- Conduct pre-operational and post-operational safety inspections on equipment, and complete daily equipment reports, advise supervisor of any required maintenance or repairs of the equipment and operate equipment safely and efficiently to meet production targets
- Perform repetitive tasks, safely climb, and access equipment, as well as lift heavy objects up to 50lb
- High School Diploma, General Education Development, or five years related work experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license, or equivalent, without learner’s restrictions
- Ability to stay on task and focused during long hours and in adverse weather conditions
- Strong commitment to safety including personal safety and the safety of co-workers
- Previous heavy equipment operation, industrial experience, or computer literacy is considered beneficial
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements including a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: Coal Mining, Electrical, Mining, Engineering, Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $97,000.00-$116,000.00 per year
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person