For more than a century, Family and Children’s Services Niagara, the local Children’s Aid Society,
has provided vital child welfare, family/community support, counselling, foster care and
adoption services to residents in the Niagara Region.
Daycare Supply Staff
The Casual Supply ECE plans and leads the early learning activities at the child care classrooms/Interactive Playgroup Program for children, (parents/caregivers) based on the observation and documentation process to ensure that the needs and interest of the children are being met. They will greet all families, visitors, program participants upon arrival, as well as receive telephone calls and provide program information to parents, caregivers and related service providers as required.
- To develop, plan for and facilitate the early learning activities for the child care program classroom/Interactive Playgroup Program parent/caregiver education program, based on the observation and documentation of the needs and interests of the children/program participants as well as the ages and stages of development of the children
- Plan and facilitate, for the EarlyON C&FC program participants a variety of interactive, educational activities that promote healthy child development, literacy skills and positive parenting skills
- Receive and direct parents, caregivers and their children (all those attending the EarlyON C&FC) as well as site tours as required
- Identify their individual, professional and developmental needs to the EarlyON Program Coordinator, in order that their performance can be maximized
- Maintains a safe, nurturing environment in all areas of the program that is conducive to child development
- Implements developmentally appropriate educational programs for children
- Arranges equipment for various indoor and outdoor activities, and cleans toys and equipment as required
- Carries out daily routines such as record keeping and preparing/serving snacks
- Maintains a positive and professional relationship with parents, children and co-workers
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or the equivalency as approved by the Ministry of Education
- Valid Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Previous experience working in a daycare setting an asset
- Valid standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and be able to supply own vehicle with appropriate liability insurance
Please apply with your cover letter and resume by October 25, 2019.
Please include your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English.
Family and Children’s Services Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive barrier free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process.
Job Types: Contract, Casual
- registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Required)
- Standard First Aid and CPR (Required)