Job Posting #:
Rate of Pay:
Human Resources is actively looking for individuals interested in a paid position to assist with active screening measures at Joseph Brant Hospital. This position is open to learners who are interested in working outside of their current academic commitment. Joseph Brant Hospital is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers for five consecutive years in a row. Our vision is compassionate care and exemplary service-every time.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding all current information relevant to screening requirements, including but not limited to information bulletins and infection control measures
- Deliver prompt, accurate, professional & courteous screening, information, directions to all internal and external clients including staff, physicians, patients, families, visitors and couriers.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of screening areas including ensuring the maintenance and organization of sufficient supplies.
- Other screening, contact and information duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, required
- Volunteer or formal training in health care setting is an asset
- An ability to work as a member of an interprofessional team
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to maintain polite & courteous manner in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate and give instructions in a clear authoritative manner
- Ability to deal with upset/emotional internal and external clients
- Requires to wear Personal Protective Equipment which includes a mask, face shield, gown and gloves
- Ability to work on your feet for extended period of time
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.