We are looking for a seasoned Senior System Administrator to join our IT Team in Dartmouth, NS. The System Administrator will have a focus on Cloud Data Center Management, Data Management, and Server Management. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence our tech infrastructure, systems, and processes, helping us to optimize and scale our operations.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Compensation is heavily dependent on the applicants experience and expertise and ranges from $80,000 to $90,000
- Great schedule
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Management, monitoring, and administration of our cloud-based infrastructure and servers.
- Ensure data integrity, security, and accessibility across various platforms and systems.
- Implementing system-wide upgrades, maintaining networks and servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related t infrastructure, systems, and servers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize IT needs.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery protocols.
- Ensure system-wide compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to team members.
Required knowledge and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in IT administration, with a focus on cloud data center management, data management, and server management.
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Proficiency in network administration and server management.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of data administration and management processes.
- Understanding of IT standards and compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of six distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, Wire Rope Industries Atlantic and Atlantic Crane & Material Handling—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products, and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.