What You Will Be Doing:
In a busy but rewarding 24/7 operation, you will review and manage emergency medical cases reported by our valued customers. Although every day is different, you can expect to liaise with the treating Medical Officer to obtain approvals for medical procedures; assist with the medical evacuation of clients; communicate with the patient and family members on their treatment; and ensure that the client receives the medical care and support they need. In a nutshell, you will lend your medical expertise as part of the case management function, and act as a liaison between the patient, family, physician, and internal associates.
Since this is a work from home position, we are looking for RN's who can demonstrate a high level of accountability and ownership over a task while working with customers who are in emergency and critical situations.
What Skills and Experience We Require:
We aim to provide the best service to our clients, which is why we require the following skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' post-graduate experience working in acute care, ideally in a hospital setting
- 2 years of critical care or ER nursing experience would be considered an asset
- A College Degree/Diploma from an accredited school of Nursing with current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Excellent knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate treatments - you have the experience to think quickly and act on the spot!
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment in solving customer problems who are in emergency and critical situations
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification and completion of Critical Care and Physical Assessment course is an asset
- The ability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and overnights
- Superb customer service and communication skills
- Must be proficient with computers and have excellent data entry skills
- Fluency in French or Spanish is considered an asset
What We Offer You:
- The ability to work from home to support work/life balance
- A market-competitive total rewards package, consisting of a competitive base salary, shift premium, annual bonus, fully paid company benefits starting on your first day of employment, and participation in the company’s RRSP plan and company match program that commences on the day you enroll
- Comprehensive training with qualified Trainers to ensure your success
- Room for growth and advancement in the organization
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility for temporary roles may include: a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation and/or a Canadian work permit, which authorizes you to work for the duration of the assignment, and would include having a valid Social Insurance Number.
At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel good about your career, the company, and positively impacting people’s lives. At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel at home. Allianz Global Assistance offers a very competitive total rewards package. If you are interested in applying for this or any other opportunity, please visit our Careers’ page at www.allianz-assistance.ca.
Regrettably, due to the volume of applications received, only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please, no agencies.
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
Allianz Global Assistance Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please call our toll free number 1-800-461-1079 and ask to speak to a member of the Human Resources Recruiting Team. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the Recruiter of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- critical care or ER: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greater Sudbury, ON (Required)
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario (Required)