Reporting to the HR Finance Manager (Toronto), we require an experienced business/system analyst to support the implementation of the new Financial Planning & Analysis reporting tool – Adaptive Insights – that incorporates Beach HR reporting at both the global & regional level. The solution will deliver integrated Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow planning along with associated balance sheet control accounts for HR and Finance. reporting tool.
Compensation is the biggest expense at Beach which employs about 200 employees in 5 countries and spends $40m (USD) plus on compensation cost each year. Employment contracts are varied and complex and costs are allocated to multiple locations and third parties during the year. The current processes for managing the compensation cost base is cumbersome, manual and has not kept up with the rapid development and growth of Beach over the past 3 years.
In order to radically improve the processes and control over the compensation cost base and reporting we require the following:
- The ideal candidate will have an accounting background (CPA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or similar)
- Positive proactive individual
- Professional self-starter
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Not afraid to make suggestions and put forward ideas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience with implementation of Financial Reporting, Budgeting and HR tools.
- 5+ years’ hands-on user experience with core financial applications and systems (insurance industry preferred)
- Good project management skills and the ability to present manage and control a project.
- Excellent influencing skills to drive change in the organization.
- Experience with SQL will be a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Implementation life-cycle experience, preferably with project management, issue management, communication and change management exposure.
- Be able to work independently and with a multi-location team.
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practices
- Work well under stressful conditions, sometimes within tight timelines, to keep self and others focused, objective and effective in the face of pressure.
- Influence others through positive action and elicit support.
- Be a team player and consistently keep relevant staff informed and updated
- Employ problem solving and decision-making abilities to resolve challenges quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action
- Team lead in implementing new functionality within Adaptive to enhance HR management information process
- Assist the Company in the full project lifecycle system implementation including system design and build, delivery integration, testing and post live support.
- Be comfortable leading the requirements gathering process and working closely with the business, the HR SME’s and Project Manager.
- Ensure the requirements of the project stakeholders are met.
- Translate business needs into technical requirement specifications to the new tool, such as but not limited to
o Data Management – e.g.: Robust mapping process
- Financial Analysis - e.g.:
- Ability to slice financial HR data in multiple ways (e.g. by Region, Branch, Producer, Currency, LOB etc.)
- Forecast, budget, and analyze actual vs budget
- Compare Current to Prior year data
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Partner with business to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes, ensuring processes and controls are fully documented.
- Day to day operational and technical support to users of the finance system.
- Support the development and use of the MI system to improve financial reporting and deliver an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers
- Support system upgrade processes
- Ensure data integrity across the finance systems at all times including robust change control and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Maintain effective relationships between HR, Finance and external support providers
- Acquire deep knowledge and understanding of the company’s business performance and reporting to Finance Leadership
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and application of same
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- financial systems implementation: 5 years (Required)
- project management: 5 years (Preferred)