FERO Waste & Recycling Inc. is a locally owned and operated company that services Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. For over 20 years, Team FERO has been providing integrated waste collection, management and recycling services. We are widely recognized for being Friendly, Efficient, Reliable and On-time, and are proud to offer a full range of equipment to service the needs of our clients. We are currently looking for Driver’s for our Operations in Truro, NS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements;
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned.
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- Minimum Class 3 License
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred
A comprehensive pension and benefits package are offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)