Conduct and document inspections of boilers and pressure vessels with compliance with state & provincial laws, rules, and regulations and recommending and verifying corrective actions for noncompliance.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
1. Coordinates the inspection of boilers, pressure vessels, and accessories for compliance with codes, laws, rules, and regulations and ensures quality control and compliance with safety standards.
2. Reviews records, reports, and schedules.
3. Reviews changes in procedures or laws.
4. Provides technical guidance to facility owners, interpreting codes, and resolving compliance
5. May establish methods to be used by staff to prioritize workloads.
6. Performs related work as assigned.
7. Must have knowledge of computer skills
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Experience in construction, installation, inspection, operations, and maintenance or repairs of boilers. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of state & provincial laws, regulations, rules, and codes relating to the use,
construction, installation, and repair of Boilers & Pressure Vessels.
2. Skill in the operation of technical equipment and detection devices, in the operation of high-and
low-pressure boilers, pressure vessels and in analyzing and interpreting data.
3. Ability to coordinate complete and thorough inspections, to communicate effectively.
4. Own and operate vehicle.
Registration, Certification, or License:
Commission from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors a must
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent