We are currently seeking a motivated and results driven individual for our Corporate store in Lake Country at the Coopers Mall location sharing the parking lot with Save-on-Foods. Your Dollar Store with More in Lake Country is part of a growing and dynamic discount general merchandise retailer with stores operating nationwide in Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Opening and closing store
-Refunds and voids
-Overseeing staff to ensure daily,weekly, monthly tasks are being completed in the store manager's absence
-Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, day and evening shifts.
- Monitor the activities of the store employees to maximize efficiency, minimize errors and respond to customer needs in a timely fashion
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer service oriented and compliant with company policy and procedures
- Motivate and work with employees to meet and exceed sales goals
- Manage backroom stock and ensure adequate inventory levels on the sales floor
Knowledge requirements, skills and/or abilities:
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience with Point of Sale software, cash management and bank deposits
- Ability to delegate daily task lists for staff and ensure completion of duties and responsibilities
- A willingness to grow your leadership skills
Minimum two years experience preferred in a like retail position. Wage is negotiable based on experience. Opportunity for career growth based on performance.
You will initially be required to work in the store as a staff member while you receive training on the day to day operations, point of sale system and other duties and responsibilities performed by the Supervisor.
If you are interested in working in the dollar store industry then please submit your resume in an attached Word or PDF document format.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)