**LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY**
CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions services throughout Western Canada.
CDN is currently looking for local Apprentice and Journeymen Instrumentation Technicians who are experienced in the Oil & Gas maintenance and construction industry to join our team in our Valleyview office.
If you are an experienced apprentice or journeyman in the oil and gas industry we want to hear from you. The ideal candidates will be a reliable team player with a can-do attitude and looks forward to growing personally and professionally with CDN. At CDN Controls we understand that our employees are a key factor in our success and we take great pride in selecting employees who are team orientated, driven, and eager to be successful in everything they do.
- Adhere to all company Environmental, Heath, and Safety policies and procedures set out by the HSE department Manager.
- Able to perform repairs, order material and train/mentor apprentices with the maintenance, replacement, and installation of equipment.
- Strong understanding and use of Instrumentation Test Equipment & will be able to complete calibrations unattended.
- Capable of setting set points on safety shutdown device(s) & should be able to complete calibrations unattended in most situations.
- Working with advanced meter(s) checking for continuity, resistance, voltages and current readings
- Working with advanced calibration devices such as Pressure, Level & Temperature transmitters, Hart Communicators, various RTU’s and PLC’s
- Responsible for all administrative, material ordering, and QAQC documents directly associated with the project and collecting information for QAQC documents for Project Managers.
- Display the ability to lead on maintenance, construction and upgrade projects and assisting others with basic troubleshooting skills and make decisions on their own.
- A strong knowledge of Analyzers, Gas Chromatographs, and other process sensing equipment
- Able to work on Process equipment at Plant facilities such as Boilers, Separators, Line heaters, Compressors, VRU’s and other essential process equipment with little to no assistance.
- Will be able to work alone on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment without supervision or a qualified client representative’s guidance – includes isolation and de-pressuring of any system
- Familiar and confident in Gas Detection, LEL Detection & Fire Detection systems
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract
- Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, eGSO, and CSTS
- E&I Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is an asset
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights
- Represent themselves professionally both to the client and to CDN staff
CDN provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees that includes competitive wages, health and dental benefits, and an employee referral program.
Candidates must be local to the Valleyview area.
We would like to thank all interested applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted shall be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Valleyview (Required)