Alaska Wood Industries is a custom millwork shop, having successfully completed projects in virtually all ICI sectors. We have experience working with solid wood, veneer, solid surface, plastic laminates, composite panels, metal work, glass, and more. At Alaska, we produce unique pieces as well as production millwork, from a single unit to hundreds.
Alaska Wood areas of expertise includes:
- Hospitals and Health Care Centers
- Hotels and Condominiums
- Restaurants and Eateries
- Schools, Universities, Colleges and Libraries
- Office and Interior Fit Ups
- Heritage Building Fit Ups
- High End Residential Furniture, Kitchens and Vanities
- Shopping Malls and Retail
- Art Galleries, and more.
We are looking for a Millwork Finisher and Sprayer to join our expanding team. You will be reporting directly to the Shop Foreman, with roles as follows:
- Applying spray stains, wipe stains, lacquer, and paints
- Sanding and polishing
- Lifting and moving millwork
- 3+ years experience as a finisher or in cabinet making is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Alaska Wood offers a competitive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation will be discussed directly with the Hiring Manager and mutually agreed upon should it be determined that you are the right fit for the position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits as follows:
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Ashton (Ottawa), ON
Note – No Public Transportation is available to our location, a reliable mode of transportation to and from work is required.
Application deadline: 2021-09-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Carpentry: 1 year (preferred)