Software Developer Engineer- Virtual Customer Service
AMZN CAN Fulfillment Svcs, ULC
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language, such as Java or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
The VCS Strategy Team is looking for software developers to facilitate the creation of technical solutions that optimize performance and solve for unique challenges of VCS teams across the globe. The VCS Strategy team is global in nature and responsible for expanding virtual customer service teams, and helping established programs overcome global and local challenges to working in large, geographically dispersed, virtual teams. If you're interested in a start-up like experience, and enjoy the challenge of influencing large cross-functional projects and complex technical initiatives, then come join us!
Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our developers through collaborative peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tools and the millions of customers they support.
This preferred location for this position is in Toronto.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Fluency in Java and core Java classes
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Experience with web services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus
- Linux experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus