District School Board of Niagara invites applications for the following position:
Supervisor of Maintenance Services
The District School Board of Niagara has an opening for Facility Services, Supervisor of Maintenance Services. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for the planned/preventative maintenance, repairs and minor renovations to numerous public school buildings in the Niagara Peninsula. The scope of work includes building envelopes, mechanical and electrical systems, elevating devices, fire and life safety systems, interior building finishes; renovations and alterations of buildings for small scale projects; high voltage systems as well as exterior lighting and building keying.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide effective leadership for a team of qualified unionized tradespeople.
· Plan and manage maintenance demand through a dynamic eBase work order system.
· Provide world-class customer care and customer service.
· Ensure all health and safety requirements are met and applicable training is provided and recorded.
· Ensure accurate completion of all requirements related to documentation and reports for this position (attendance management, training, budgets, appraisals, etc.).
· Ability to apply policies, procedures and related agreements governing daily operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A solid building maintenance background with an emphasis on mechanical and electrical systems. Specifically, holds a G.1 Gas Technician certification. Additionally, a 313A license mechanic would be an advantage (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems).
- Must hold a valid Ontario Trade Certificate with a minimum of 3 years of responsible supervisor/management experience in building maintenance (or equivalent).
- Two-year College Diploma in a related field or trade school equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and establish effective working relationships.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and communication skills.
- Experience working effectively in a unionized environment.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems such as eBase and experience with Microsoft 'Word' and 'Excel' will also be a requirement.
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) within the Board’s Administrative Management Group which includes a competitive wage rate ($71,273 – $84,853 per annum) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Applications including cover letter, resume and three professional references must be submitted via email by Friday, February 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Please reference Supervisor of Maintenance Services in the Subject line.
The District School Board of Niagara is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring of qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our region. We encourage submissions from candidates who represent the various dimensions of diversity. We will make interview and employment accommodations during the selection process, based on any of the human rights protected grounds. Please notify us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants are thanked for making known their interest in working for the District School Board of Niagara. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- maintenance supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)