Support pharmacists operationally in providing dispensary and pharmacy services and achieving Company initiatives. The Pharmacy Technician will receive direction from the pharmacist on duty and Pharmacy Manager in working towards achievement of goals and objectives while adhering to both Company operating standards and Ontario College of Pharmacists' standards of practice.
- Performs all aspects of the technical act of dispensing.
- Receives prescription refill requests and verbal prescriptions in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, and scans and files patient records.
- Contacts prescribers for various functions.
- Answers phones and checks IVR voicemail messages.
- Provides customer assistance with merchandise on the sales floor and at the cash register.
- Checks emails and responds accordingly.
- Receives orders and ensures product received matches invoices and is received in good condition, and then is stored/put away appropriately.
- Performs inventory-related tasks.
- Enters and reconciles invoices/credits and maintains shrink logs.
- Utilizes wholesaler websites for various functions.
- Assists with dispensary paper work as directed.
- Maintains store standards and conditions and may be assigned to clean dispensary, sweep floor, and clean shelves as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Education – Pharmacy Assistant Program
- Experience - Minimum of 2 years in retail pharmacy.
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll).
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment.
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner.
- Organizational skills to prioritize, plan ahead, manage time and be punctual.
- Customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction by recognizing customer needs/wants.
- Receptive to constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks independently.
Pharmacy Assistant receives direction from the Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician. They interact with internal contacts (Pharmacy Operations, Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Merchandising, Inventory Control and Audit, Store Services, McMahon, Metro IT) and external contacts (customers and direct pharmacy vendors: McMahon, McKesson, Kroll Canada, VoiceTech Inc.)
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.