At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
This position is responsible for providing health promotion expertise to the development, planning and implementation of robust public health program plans that align with Ontario’s Public Health Standards in the areas of Chronic Disease, Substance Use and Injury Prevention.
The successful candidate must possess a university degree in health sciences with emphasis on health promotion or a health-related discipline along with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience relevant to the primary duties of the position. A Master’s degree in public health or related health field with a focus on health promotion is preferred. Demonstrated experience in comprehensive health promotion, policy development, program planning, community mobilization and program evaluation is required. The successful candidate must appreciate the relevance of evidence-informed public health program planning in effective public health practice and the promotion of health equity. The candidate must be flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment. Strong interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, critical thinking skills, political acuity, and diplomacy are required to plan and implement multi-stakeholder projects. Excellent written and oral communication skills are also needed to prepare and present presentations, reports, government consultation submissions and other work products for diverse audiences. Work experience in a public health agency or government setting is an asset.
Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. Work outside normal business hours may be required.
- Collaborates with public health staff and community stakeholders in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion initiatives which reflect the needs of the Halton community, in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards specifically in the areas of Chronic Disease and Wellbeing, Substance Use and Injury Prevention.
- Interprets and synthesizes complex information and considers contextual factors in the development of program priorities and healthy public policy recommendations.
- Provides health promotion expertise, consultation and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, individuals and groups.
- Prepares reports, government consultation submissions, literature reviews, presentations, educational materials, and other work products for diverse audiences.
- Represents the Health Department on community and corporate committees.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Performs other duties as assigned
December 10, 2019
December 17, 2019
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.