Case IQ helps companies protect their employees, culture, and business through world-class software for uncovering, investigating, and preventing fraud, ethics, harassment, discrimination, and security incidents. We’re proud to count a roster of Fortune 500 companies among our customers, which have relied on Case IQ for managing millions of cases over the past 20 years and helping mitigate billions of dollars in financial and brand risk.
As a Junior System Administrator at Case IQ, you will be responsible for support and implementation across all Azure networks (NSGs, File Storage, etc.) and Office365 environments (including SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams). Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will have a particular focus in assisting to support internal IT infrastructure and expand DEV/OPS and automation capabilities and to administer Cloud systems and Cloud environments to ensure availability, reliability, security, and integrity.
- Please note: we are looking for candidates located in Ottawa, ON.
What You’ll Do
- Knowledge of Azure management and Azure or Cloud computing concepts
- Design, deploy and maintain Microsoft Azure AD and services (SSO, Storage, virtual machines)
- Support the deployment of development environments and applications used for building new offerings and applications that will be deployed into a SaaS Hosting environment.
- Manage Office 365 cloud services (SharePoint, Exchange, Teams, Intune, Compliance)
- Collaborate with internal project stakeholders for efficiency and effectiveness of software lifecycle
- Assist in the administration/migration of existing AWS and on-premises infrastructures to Azure.
- Integrate third party solutions into the existing and new infrastructures (SSO, log management, vulnerability management).
- Assist in the creation of hardware and software standards and policies for Azure infrastructure.
- Provide business continuity services for the organization.
- Installations, configuration, and maintenance of data backup environments (Microsoft Azure Backup, VEEAM backup).
- Support VMware Services of on-premises collocation of data centre.
- Installations, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Microsoft Server).
- Strong understanding of managing user permissions, SSO/password management, MS Azure Policies (i.e., conditional access).
- Analyze teams’ processes and identify areas for improvements.
- Ticket triaging, categorization, logging, and prioritization to manage the everyday Service Desk Queue.
- Ability to create, maintain & update user and technical documentation (related to server configuration, operational, backup, and recovery procedures)
- Deliver technical support to dev and other non-technical teams, aiding optimization of existing system(s) and processes.
- Investigate and act on incidents, service requests and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, implement solutions, and document the root cause as part of the problem management.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and projects, and drive to resolution, researching and escalating to the vendor or reporter as necessary.
Who We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in systems administration, application support specialist, or similar roles
- Demonstrated experience working on requirements and specifications, and technical documentation related to incidental reporting & project plans
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and services (Windows server 2019-2019), Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Linux Ubuntu, and Red Hat
- Good understanding of Firewall services (Palo Alto) and network switching
- Highly engaged individual that seeks out a better way of doing things and will not settle for the status quo
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills for team and client tech group collaboration as needed
- Collaborate and cooperate with other members of the team and assist with any cross training as identified and required
- Highly organized and must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people who have different levels of technical competence
- Any IT certifications are considered an asset
Perks and Benefits
- Work remotely within a flexible work environment (our team spans the US and Canada)
- Competitive company-paid benefits plan starting day 1!
- Generous professional development budget
- RRSP/401k matching program and company stock options
- Half-day Fridays in the summer
Selected candidates will be contacted through BambooHR (please check your junk mail).
Case IQ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected].