The mission of the Manager, People and Culture, is to act as the first point of contact for providing human resources and employee relations support for three retail automotive dealerships. This is a mid-level role within HR, perfect for an HR Administrator or Coordinator looking to progress in their career. We’re looking for an energetic and motivated individual who can bring a very high level of confidentiality, organization, able to connect with employees and attention to detail to the company!
· Assists in recruitment activities which include working with hiring manager, posting open positions and liaising with recruiters.
· Conducts new hire orientation and any other necessary on-boarding activities.
· Administers payroll and benefits processing, time and attendance recording, paid time off benefits, processing company compensation and benefits programs.
· Partners with management in communicating and assuring fair, compliant and consistent administration of all human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and governmental regulations.
· Ensures strong communication of all employee programs in an effort to increase employee engagement and morale.
· Provides day-to-day employee relations and performance counseling.
· Resolves any employee concerns or issues.
· May be involved in investigating employee related issues and/or concerns.
· Performs exit interviews and handles the termination process when employees leave.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor degree in Human Resource or related field
· 3 years previous HR experience
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal customers
· Knowledge of Federal/Provincial laws as they pertain to human resources administration
· Excellent judgement and decision making abilities
· Professional demeanor with a high level of integrity
· Proactive attitude with ability to work under pressure
· Accurate numeracy and analytical abilities
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel
· Strong conflict resolution skills
· Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Good administrative, organizational, planning and follow up skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to travel as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Do you hold any of the following: Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (preferred)