The Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care is Ontario’s largest non-profit long term care provider. We provide a comprehensive range of culturally-appropriate services to over 15,000 seniors in the Chinese, South Asian and Japanese communities. Yee Hong was established in 1994 and currently operating four centres in the GTA (805 long-term care beds), senior residences (approximately 500 units) and a full range of community-based social and medical services for seniors still living in their own homes.
In 2016, Yee Hong was accredited for the seventh consecutive time, "with Exemplary Standing" which is Accreditation Canada's highest possible standing. Yee Hong's reputation for quality has resulted in a long-term care bed waiting list of over 5,000 which is one of the longest wait times in the province. In 2018, we were granted licenses to build (either on our own or in partnership with other providers) 800 more beds and we will also be building Scarborough’s first residential hospice in 2020.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors contributes to the effective governance of Yee Hong. More specifically, it provides the necessary leadership:
· In the oversight and approval of the strategic plan;
· In the recruitment, development and evaluation of the CEO and future CEO succession planning;
· To ensure the highest quality of care in a safe environment;
· To ensure the organization is governed effectively and in an ethical manner;
· To ensure there is an efficient and effective use of its resources; and
· To be knowledgeable about risks and to ensure the appropriate controls are in place.
Time commitment and expectation:
· The Board meets six times a year; meetings are three-hours plus meeting preparation.
· Each Director also participates in one or two board committees that meet a minimum of quarterly (two to three hours) plus meeting preparation.
· The Board holds a one-day Retreat annually.
General competencies required of our Board members include:
· Prior board experience and governance knowledge;
· Experience on a non-profit board or public sector experience an asset
· Executive leadership and effective communication
· Team effectiveness
We are seeking individuals who are passionate and have a strong commitment to Yee Hong Centre’s mission, vision and values with the following skills/experience:
· Technology/digital innovation
· Quality and safety
· Commercial real estate or land development
· For Profit and Non-Profit continuum of seniors care
· Community services
· HR/Labour relations
· Hospital and LTC development would be an asset.
We offer you an exciting opportunity to be part of a great team of dedicated people advocating for quality excellence in culturally appropriate seniors care and to work with us in creating a healthy and empowered team and community.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to an in-person interview (approximately 1 hour).
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 12 pm April 30, 2020 to:
Board Chair, Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care
c/o Vivian Ng, Executive Secretary
2311 McNicoll Avenue
Scarborough, Ontario M1V 5L3
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent