An immediate opportunity exists for a Paper Machine Manager at our Port Alberni division, reporting to the General Manager and working with the paper mill team, you will be a leader with uncompromising safety standards and high expectations for yourself, your people and your peers. You will have a commitment to the Operational Excellence principles of safety, goal setting, accountability, involvement and respect, and you will be a driving force to improved performance and efficiency in the paper mill.
Your primary responsibilities in this important position will be to support the manufacturing operations in meeting safety, customer, cost, and productivity objectives. You will achieve these results through your leadership and guidance of the operations and maintenance groups involved with our paper machines.
You will contribute your experience and expertise to the areas of:
- Leading your area safety program
- The development, supervision and implementation of the operation and maintenance plans that will ensure achievement of our Paper Machine production plan
- Ensuring that product quality from our Paper Machines complies with mill and customer specifications, and meets the needs of our light weight run ability strategy
- Your assets will include strong management skills to complement strong technical and trouble shooting skills, combined with effective communication ability.
- You will have a proven track record of initiating change, challenging the status quo, and being able to act as a change agent.
- Several years of Paper mill experience are a must in this demanding role, and a university degree would be an asset.
- While your computer skills will certainly include the MS Office suite of products, familiarity with SAP, MOPS, Majiq, and MXOpen systems will be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)