Job title :
STAFFING SERVICES CLERK
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE
Rocky Mountain Lodge in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Staffing Services Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
This position performs support within the department by performing customer service, reception, department specific and clerical functions using computerized software applications within a Window’s environment including:
Hours of work:
- Provides service to customers by answering telephones, taking messages and responding to inquiries, greeting and directing customers to appropriate individuals;
- Updates employee information such as demographics, skills and availability; generates and prints employee schedules and Staffing Service Unit Schedules; and advises managers/supervisors of extended employee unavailability;
- Initiates pay query forms and forward to the appropriate person/service/department;
- Distributes incoming correspondence – both paper and electronic - to appropriate person(s);
- Maintains staffing office supplies by completing and forwarding requisitions/orders to appropriate recipients;
- Types correspondence, photocopies, sorts and files material as necessary;
- Maintains and updates the Staffing Service Center Communication Manual;
- Attends meetings such as department staff meetings to record minutes; type minutes and agendas.
Rotating Days, Evenings – 08:30 to 16:30, 15:30 to 23:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12, Plus
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater *A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted*
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.