Fuel Dock Attendants - Island Adventure
Have you ever dreamt of living on a remote island? Seeking an energetic, people-person with a true passion for hospitality that shares our passion for providing exceptional guest services on a welcoming unpretentious island in the central coast of BC. Guests come to fish, wildlife viewing for whales, seals, eagles, wolves, bears and to take part in eco-tours around the stunning peaceful islands. Our ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills; ability to multitask; is detail oriented and genuinely enjoys people.
Shearwater Marine is looking for an energetic and dedicated Fuel Dock Attendant to work at our fuel station store. This is our community fuel station that services: boats, float planes, vehicles, and helicopters.
- 3+ years of retail cashier experience
- Strong customer service, communication skills, and computer skills (Including POS Systems)
- Supervisor Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Physically fit to lift up to 50 pounds
- Dependability is a "Must Have"
- Willingness to work longer days and be available after hours
- Preferably has boating experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate fuel pumps including diesel, gas, avgas, and jet fuel
- Accurately read meters and enter into the billing system
- Operate the Moneris interac machine and cash register
- Maintain accurate float, perform precise daily cash outs, and inventory tracking.
- Complete detailed end of day readings and measurements of fuel tanks
- Execute accurate end of day close down of computer system
- Restock and manage the sales of merchandise
- Maintain cleanliness of fuel dock including washrooms
- Clean up any fuel spillage and leaks quickly and safely
- General maintenance and upkeep of the dock and area
- Participates in safety drills and exercises
Compensation: Competitive wage based on experience for full-time position, Seasonal staff competitive wage + bonus for season completion. Position expected to range from 70-75 hours per pay period.
Assisted relocation costs from Vancouver or Vancouver Island are provided. Subsidized accommodation is available from $150/month (or free with own live-aboard or RV).
Please apply with your resume and cover letter explaining why this position is right for you. Please be sure to outline your relevant sales experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail cashier: 3 years (Preferred)