Moffatt & Powell is a proudly Canadian, family owned company with a rich history of stores spanning over 60 years. We are a leader in the building material supply and retail industries and continue to be a competitive supplier to the new home, farm and industrial market place. With the nationally recognized RONA brand, we are able to offer our customers a wide product selection, more financing options, and better customer service. At Moffatt & Powell, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Career advancement & training opportunities
- Actively participate in workplace change and really make an impact
- Work with great people who are passionate about our industry
WHAT WILL YOU CONTRIBUTE?
- Greet customers warmly and provide first class customer service
- Help customers find and recommend product
- Assist customers load and unload vehicles
- Keep the yard, sheds, special order area in a clean and presentable appearance
- Use electric pump truck to move material in the yard while ensuring minimal damage to yard inventory
- Ensure all product codes on merchandise are correct and up to date
- May be required to operate a fork lift upon receipt of valid certification
- May be required to operate a saw upon receipt of valid certification
- Accompany Delivery Truck Drivers and assist with deliveries as required
- Assist Inside Sales Associates with customer merchandise carry-outs as required
WHAT ARE YOUR DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS?
- Lumber yard and/or customer service experience in a related industry an asset
- Excellent customer service with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently and makes well informed decisions
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
- Physical ability to lift 50 to 80 lbs
- Exhibits a positive “can do” attitude
WANT TO SHARE IN OUR SUCCESS & BE PART OF OUR FUTURE?
Apply now and share with your friends we are hiring!
Moffatt & Powell RONA is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Building Materials: 2 years (Preferred)