Waterline Resources Inc is a highly specialized groundwater and environmental consulting firm with its head office in Calgary, a regional office in Nanaimo, and field offices in Courtenay and Prince George BC. We have 35+ hydrogeologists and groundwater professionals working on interesting and challenging projects. Waterline also has a growing internal support team that provides business workflow automation, data management services and mapping and visualization products to internal and external clients. This team also manages and updates our specialized groundwater information system available nowhere else in the industry.
Waterline's groundwater information system is a GIS web application and associated spatially-enabled database built in-house using open-source technology. Our goal is to continue to adapt and expand the available tools and data to meet evolving internal and external client needs.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to join a small team of developers and GIS analysts that will contribute to the further design and implementation of innovative web-based hydrogeology and environmental solutions.
Junior Software Developer requirements:
- Knowledge of web framework architecture (Django preferred)
- Experience with relational database architecture (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Technical writing and documentation ability
- Experience with a source control system (e.g. git)
- Knowledge of Linux use and administration (ubuntu preferred)
- Must be inquisitive and eager to learn with excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and workload
- Geospatial experience a definite asset
- Functional programming experience an asset
- Declarative programming experience an asset (e.g. Riot, React)
- Back-end development of internal and client facing geospatial applications (Django and Node.js)
- Front-end design and styling (Riot.js)
- Scripting and application development for custom solutions related to our business workflow
- Relational database management
- Minor Linux administration (e.g. creating users, managing permissions)
Job Type: Full-time