KidsAbility empowers children and youth with special needs to realize their full potential.
Customer Service Representative –Casual Positions – Pending Budget Approval
Rotating between Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph & Fergus (as required)
Shift hours are between Monday to Friday 7:30am to 8:00pm and Saturday 8:00am to 4:00pm*
Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) report to the Facilities Supervisor. There are hours available, up to 15 per week, providing support across the Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph and Fergus locations. An integral member of the Facilities team, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for superior customer service and general administrative support at a KidsAbility site. This position is the face and voice of the organization, and is generally the first point of contact for clients and stakeholders. They take immense pride in their high profile role. CSR’s may also engage with volunteers supporting various programs across sites.
In this position you will be supporting the assigned site or team with the provision of reception/console operation, greeting and assisting clients and families, opening and closing the office, and providing back-up Resource Centre customer service. The CSR provides clerical, administrative, and support services to the KidsAbility Site, and assists them in coordinating and providing services to children and their families.
- Secondary School diploma (G12) or higher
- College diploma/Certificate in office administration is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an office setting
- Experience with a multi-line switchboard system
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with a Unified Communication (or equivalent) software application preferred
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
- Excellent customer service orientation (putting the client first) combined with a cheerful and welcoming demeanor
- Discreet and sensitive; demonstrated understanding of a commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ in challenging situations, and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent keyboard and mouse skills (50 wpm)
- Excellent critical thinking skills with attention to detail with a high level of confidentiality
- Previous experience with a networked Voice Over IP environment, office administration and reception preferred, and experience in a healthcare or social services agency would be an asset
- Applicants must have the use of an automobile with public liability and property damage
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, only if you have the stated requirements to: H*uman Resources*
KidsAbility follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Job Type: Casual
- working with a multi-line switchboard: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- administrative support: 1 year (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)