Applied Electronics Limited is a national audio/visual sales and integration company specializing in corporate and educational markets. Applied Electronics employs approximately 120 employees in six offices across Canada - Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
We are currently seeking an Audio Visual Technician for our Burnaby (Vancouver) office.
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented individual with advanced technical knowledge of audio visual or broadcasting equipment and integrated systems. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education related to electronics and knowledge of IP networks and infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to solder and crimp connectors
- Perform installation tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner
- Duties may include but are not limited to: Pulling cable, installing connectors, projector mounting/hanging (ceiling mounts) and metal fabrication
- Perform installations of distributed sound systems, projectors and screen support structures, ceiling and wall-mounted speaker systems
- Testing of complete systems and repairing any deficiencies in a timely manner
- Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Assist with mechanical fabrication and rack wiring
- Ability to travel and work at various job sites
- Operate as a site lead and direct junior technical staff and subcontract labour
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- PC proficient, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be a safe driver
- Complete projects inside financial quarters whenever possible
- Ensure that customers are well informed of project progress and issues
- Responsibility and commitment to workplace safety
- Maintain a high level of efficiency and professionalism
- Being responsive to industry related and on-the-job training opportunities
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
We invite you to learn more about our company, including the exciting projects and clients whom we have completed worked for, at: www.appliedelectronics.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Audio Visual: 2 years (Preferred)
- IP networks and infrastructure: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electronics installation: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (Required)