Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy. This is why we were recently recognized as one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Ottawa AND one of the Best Places to Work 2021 in Canada by gamesindusrty.biz!
We are currently looking add experienced Generalist Game Developers to our already amazing team. As a “Snowmie” programmer, you will use your awesome skills in C++ / C# to help our client studios to bring their games to realization.
You will use your passion for games, insatiable curiosity, and versatility to work on a variety of projects and across all aspects of game development. In return, you will be part of a creative and supportive team environment with the ability to have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games.
Are you up for the challenge?
Whilst this position is open to commencing remotely, it is expected that it will transition to an Ottawa-based role when safe to do so - ideally Q1/Q2 2022.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Designing, implementing, and debugging game features
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Analyzing and optimizing runtimes
- Collaborating on systems and tools to help designers implement their creative vision
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
- Supporting your team mates to accomplish goals
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years professional experience
- Advanced programming skills in C++ AND C# with strong understanding of the fundamentals
- Emphasizes a deeper understanding of what the code is doing, not just that it works
- Experience with game engines such as Unity 3D and Unreal Engine
- Experience working in large codebases
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with vector and matrix math and good with algorithms
- Understands various design patterns and their benefits/draw backs
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Generous leave policies including 3 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
- Office Location: 981 Wellington Street West, Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Primary Working Language: English
Snowed In Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- C++: 3 years (preferred)
- C#: 3 years (preferred)
- Game Development Industry: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19