Ionic Automation designs and builds custom automated machinery for many industries including life sciences, energy, automotive, commercial products and mining. We have an exceptional team with industry-leading experience. Our customers come to us for our innovation, passion, quality and performance. We are a nimble and high-energy company and as a member of our skilled team you will be given opportunities, responsibilities and experience you will not get anywhere else.
We are looking for Controls System Programmers / Engineers for our facility in Cambridge, Ontario.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design complete control software solutions using various vendor software and hardware platforms (PLC based, PC based, etc.).
- Develop new and enhance existing Ionic software product offerings and programming standards.
- Work with team members including electrical and mechanical design teams, project managers, and shop floor personnel from project inception to final customer training.
- Evaluate new technologies to develop industry leading solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years full time work experience with automation systems programming/design.
- University degree or college diploma in automation or engineering.
- Proficient with PLC and HMI programming.
- Experience with RS Logix (Studio) 5000, Factory Talk View Studio ME/SE.
Desirable Additional (Non Mandatory) Experience
- Data integration from the collection of factory floor data to the presentation of quality and production reports, using SQL databases, OPC/UA drivers, and various HMI/PC presentation platforms.
- Experience or working knowledge of Visual Basic, C#, Java, and Python programming. Industrial robot programming (off line and teach pendant).
- Setup and programming of vision systems, motion control systems, and industrial automation networks.
- Programming with other PLC and HMI vendors such as Siemens and Omron.
- Control Systems electrical design.
- Comfortable in a hands-on environment but also able to apply rigour and analysis.
- Demonstrated practical experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough and detail oriented.
For more information on our company please see www.ionicautomation.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All visitors must call ahead before arriving, and report to covid screening entrance.
- post college or university: 3 years (preferred)