HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HRPP is currently recruiting for its client Rio Tinto- Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) operation located in Eastern Canada- Labrador City, NL. IOC supplies iron ore concentrate and pellets to the world’s steel producing market.
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company offering the following:
- Global mining organization with an exceptional safety culture;
- Competitive salary and benefits including relocation assistance; and
- Excellent opportunity for career development and development of technical expertise.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Structural Junior Project Manager. The ideal applicant would have experience in managing/coordinating multi-discipline portfolios and small capital or operating projects generally less than 150k. A background in structural and/or electrical would be preferred.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL and is a permanent, full time position.
The incumbent will join the Engineering Department in a Junior Project Manager role. This role is responsible for delivering Capital and Operating projects with a focus on safety, cost and schedule while utilizing the Company project management process.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing, coordinating, and managing small CAPEX and OPEX projects less than 150K;
- Coordinating engineering activities for the defined area of responsibility for the full project life cycle;
- Provide engineering support on budget and progress to project stakeholders;
- Coordinate engagement and performance of external engineering contractor and suppliers;
- Provide effective engineering reporting of progress, cost and scheduling to meet project requirements;
- Ensure compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects; and
- Support the management of project vendors including performance against contract deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent experience;
- PMP certification considered an asset;
- Structural or Electrical background would be preferred;
- 5 or more years of project management experience;
- Prior experience with or ability to write technical reports;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Primavera, etc.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent