Are you an experienced Registered Nurse?
Do you want to work for an organization recently recognized as one of the National Capital’s Top Employers? Would you like to gain and diversify your scope of experience? Would you like the opportunity to grow and learn in your professional field?
We are currently accepting resumes to build a pool of qualified candidates for future opportunities as a Registered Nurse in Critical Care
Who We Are
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, and our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
All of our nurses who work in the Intensive Care Unit have received special training in the care of critically ill patients. Each nurse in the ICU cares for one or two patients at a time. This arrangement permits very close monitoring. Their expertise and continuous presence allows early recognition of changes in patient conditions. Our nurses are excellent sources of information about both the patient and ICU in general. Because of their close contact with the family and the patient, critical care nurses often serve as the patient’s advocate and become integral to the decision-making process of the patient, family, and critical care team. At times nurses may be receive help with patient care from orderlies in the ICU.
Who You Are
You are a Registered Nurse with a passion for people and a desire to make a difference. The work that you do at The Ottawa Hospital matters because you are key player on a team who is committed to providing each patient with an exceptional experience by demonstrating compassion, respect for all, a collaborative spirit and commitment to quality.
Sounds like you? Do you have the skills and experience listed below?
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Recent adult ICU or surgical/medical experience;
- Ability to perform BCLS to the College of Nurses standards;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education and willingness to actively participate in departmental educational activities;
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the nursing process and the ability to apply this process to the practice of Nursing;
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient teaching;
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as an active member of the health care team;
- Demonstrates a professional and respectful attitude to patients, the public and colleagues;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
You’ll stand out if you have…
- CNA certification in Critical Care;
- Completed or currently enrolled in the Critical Care Nursing Course;
- One (1) year Adult Surgical/Medical experience;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
What we need from you
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your online application, including your CV and cover letter, so that you may be considered for future vacancies.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $33.23 to $47.57 /hour
- CNO (Required)