The Addiction Counsellor is responsible for providing quality, confidential, and ethical addiction counselling, education and support to individuals, families and the community. To ensure this care is consistent with agency standards and evidence-based approaches to addiction treatment, the Addiction Counsellor will report directly to the Clinical Director (CD). Shifts will fall primarily on evenings and weekends with occasional day shifts. This is a part-time role with potential for full-time hours.
What We Offer:
- A competitive wage that is commensurate on your skills, experience, education, training, and college registration (if applicable).
- A positive working atmosphere where we understand that client care and treatment is achieved through our own organizational culture and well-being.
- An opportunity to work with the latest evidence-based therapy for addiction and mental health.
- A holistic approach to addiction treatment that functions only with the multidisciplinary team that you will have a chance to be a part of.
- A beautiful setting on 14 wooded acres with a 22 000 square foot, two building facility, bordering an 18-hole golf course that you would call your workplace.
- A place where character matters and each individual is respected.
What We’re Looking For:
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for purposefully working to see people heal in addictions recovery.
- A person who looks forward to supporting Primary Counsellors by managing administrative details and help clients who need information, assistance, or access to telephones, internet and medications.
- Someone whose character parallels their drive to help, learn, teach, and counsel.
- A person with at least 2 years of experience in addictions and mental health.
- A university graduate holding at least a college certificate, diploma, or training in addictions and mental health. An BA, MA, MSc, MSW etc. would be an asset.
- An individual with a recognized college registration would be preferred.
- A leader who understands their duty to serve and to follow.
- Eagerness to work evening and weekend shifts.
Where We Live, Work, and Play:
- Our facility is located on the outskirts of Peterborough, just north of the Greater Toronto Area. We are part of the Kawarthas, just minutes from lake lands as well as the greater urban amenities. Our community is home to the Trent Severn Waterway, Fleming College, Trent University, museums, parks, and theatre guilds. The arts, higher learning, nature, and the conveniences of daily living abound. If you’re already a resident, our facility is only minutes away, and if you’re not, we would welcome you!
Canadian Health Recovery Centre encourages all applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance and look forward to a potential career with you!
Job Type: Part-time