Communicative Disorders Assistant
Full time, permanent
Our organization is the largest private speech and language practice in southern Ontario, located in St. Thomas, London, Sarnia, and Goderich. This is an opportunity for a generalist position in a setting with a rarely equalled clinical caseload, working with clients across the age and diagnostic spectrum.
· Create individualized activities and therapy materials to meet clients’ communication and/or literacy development goals as determined by the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP).
· Create group therapy plans, as required (e.g. for camps).
· Assist the SLP in carrying out evaluation and intervention activities.
· Provide therapy to clients of any age or diagnosis - within your clinical capacity - as documented in treatment plans or protocols developed by the SLP.
· Prepare progress notes for client files and the SLP.
· Assist SLP with session and clinic material preparation and maintenance, as appropriate.
· Ensure all materials, tools, and equipment are cleaned and in good working order.
· Perform other clinical and clerical duties as directed by the CDA Lead or Director of Operations.
· Process client payments.
· Maintain scheduled appointments for clients: cancellations, appointment changes, new intakes.
· Receive, prepare, and/or store documents for the SLP when necessary. We are a paperless workplace and so proficiency with electronic record-keeping is a must.
· Maintain office organization, including therapy and testing materials and stationary.
· Respond to inquiries about our services with a focus on client acquisition and/or retention.
· Communicate with other team members within the organization to ensure continuity and accuracy in the execution of all work responsibilities.
· Communicate with other members of the circle of care, such as Physicians, Nurses, Case Managers, Audiologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, etc., as necessary.
· Communicate with other stakeholders in the client’s care, such as lawyers, legal clerks and assistants, and insurance adjusters, as necessary.
· Participate in networking, marketing, and other promotional events. Such participation includes, but is not limited to, appearance at such events, sharing of company marketing/promotional social media posts on personal social media profiles, and consent to appear in still or video images intended for promotional purposes only. Admission to and attendance at all events is paid.
· Daily cleaning and maintenance of the clinic rooms.
· Maintenance and calibration of therapy and assessment materials as per CASLPO regulations.
· Communicative Disorders Assistant or Communication Health Assistant diploma.
· Valid driver’s licence with access to a dependable vehicle.
· Interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with internal team members and external community care/other service providers.
· Rudimentary understanding of private practice operations to ensure client acquisition, retention, and minimization of cancellations.
· Competence in basic computer operations, such as in the use of an electronic medical records system (EMR), word processing and spreadsheets.
· Proof of double vaccination against COVID-19 or a verifiable medical exemption from vaccination.
· Registration with CDAAC or other speech and language association, such as OSLA or ASHA.
· Fluency in a second language.
· Financial transaction processing, management, or other administrative or retail experience.
Prior to being granted an interview, prospective candidates will affirm their understanding that, should they be the successful candidate, they will be required to sign a non-disclosure, non-solicitation, non-competition agreement. This requirement is not negotiable.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Our organization follows all public health and safety measures . We require all of our staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a verifiable medical exemption to vaccination.
- Do you possess a Communicative Disorders Assistant or Communicative Health Assistant diploma?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)