About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
The Director of Security Operations is responsible for providing overall security to safeguard the company’s critical assets, people, property and product.
This role is responsible for the ownership and development of the Security Management Team that focuses on coordinating security responsibilities and responses at Apotex.
Responsible to develop a Strategic Security plan with a vision for security at Apotex, including the development and implementation of Apotex’s global security strategy, security and emergency policies and procedures, training programs and guidelines, and associated risk management programs.
- Manage the Security Operations budget, ensuring projects are delivered within budget and on schedule while satisfying all regulatory and company standards / regulations.
- Recommend, plan, develop and implement core security programs that supports strategic business objectives, including emergency response and crisis management, physical security, information protection, intelligence collection and threat analysis, security training and awareness, supply chain security, and incident investigations.
- Assist with execution of other global security programs such as cyber security incident response as needed.
- Develop, maintain and revise corporate policies, standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and plans that govern and manage Apotex’s global security program and maintain the security of personnel, company materials, information and facilities.
- Assist Global Supply Chain in developing and implementing supply chain security programs to mitigate external threats against Apotex products or brands (counterfeit, stolen, diverted).
- Develop, administer and implement facility security documentation and security management plans.
- Assess security technologies and protocols in use at Apotex, and plan and design access control, intrusion detection and CCTV projects for all facilities.
- Assess and mitigate security risks to the organization; develop and implement security incident response plans and protocols, that support the continuity of business operations.
- Conduct security risk assessments and audits of Apotex facilities; coordinate corrective actions for identified security exposures.
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to drive compliance with policies and standards to help ensure consistent application of security practices across the organization.
- Develop metrics to gauge the effectiveness of the security program.
- Assess and advise on the state of security with Apotex senior management.
- Participate and lead performance conversations with employees, including monthly one on ones, to connect on performance; check in on employee’s progress toward achieving Objectives, offer support and remove barriers; and, communicate and revisit performance expectations to reinforce and encourage high performance culture and a safe working environment for all employees.
- Utilize open, honest, two way communication to build trust-based relationships with employees, business partners and direct leader while continuously improving leadership capabilities by personally seeking feedback and development.
- Create a culture which values trust and provides the opportunity for Employee development and growth in pursuit of our purpose and demonstrating our core Values – Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion.
- Utilize your networks to attract and hire talent in a comprehensive, differentiated and consistent manner essential to our continued growth; then, onboard new employees by providing a consistent experience that reflects the values and commitments made to candidates during the hiring process.
- Ensure adherence of team members (direct reports) with all compliance programs and company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
o A Bachelor Degree or equivalent, or related security degree or diploma
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
o Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices, preferably developed through progressive corporate security experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry.
o In-depth knowledge of security software and hardware.
o Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, technical and non-technical information to all organization levels.
o Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using personal knowledge, technical knowledge and relevant tools and synthesis into actionable executive summaries.
o Experience leading teams and influencing activities across functions without formal authority to deliver results.
o Minimum 10 years of progressive security experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical devices industry.
o Previous experience in law enforcement and corporate security will be an asset.
o Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing security practices and procedures, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical devices industry.
o Additional experience in any of the following:
crisis management, security operations management, logistics/supply chain security expertise, controlled substances.
o Experience in leveraging cross-functional teams to develop and deploy new programs.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.