- Full Benefits, Full Time Hours, $19/ hour
Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
The Clubhouse Attendant at the Granite Club is responsible for housekeeping duties throughout the Granite Club.
- Responsible for performing general cleaning throughout the Club
- Responsible for janitorial duties:
- Cleaning low, high, vertical and horizontal surfaces, including furniture, glass partitions, windows, doors and walls
- Clean bright metal work, showers, toilets, sinks, counters
- Mop floors, vacuum carpeted areas, spray buff, machine scrub, strip and refinish, rotary or extraction carpet clean.
- Wash, scrub, strip floors with hand held or walk behind equipment
- Collect and remove trash in designated areas - wash containers
- Restock unit dispensers containing, towels, toilet paper, hand towels, tissues, shampoo, conditioner, and all other amenities provided to the Members and Staff
- Responsible Linen Room duties as assigned
- Launder and fold towels, laundry, Staff uniforms etc.
- Sort and record all outgoing and incoming laundry, sort and put in designated storage area, maintain the service counter in a polite manner
- Responsible for the set-up and breakdown of function rooms as required
- Perform additional related duties as required.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experiences an asset
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to withstand 6-8 hours a day of bending, walking, standing, stretching, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload to ensure continuing productivity
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, mornings and nights and/or holidays
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!