Position: Restaurant Manager – Whitehorn Bistro
Employment Status: Full-time – subsidized staff accommodation available
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager, Food and Beverage Director
Rate of Pay: Based on Experience
*The main role of the Restaurant Manager is to oversee all front of house employees within the Whitehorn Bistro. The Restaurant Manager responsibilities included the training, supervising and motivation of employees. Ensuring the restaurant revenue, profitability and quality goals are met and exceeded, provide a quality guest experience that sets Whitehorn Bistro apart from our competitors
- Lead, direct & motivate all employees while working in a “hands-on” environment
- Training of new employees in departmental procedures and expectation as well as safety
- Ensure beverage costings are complete and accurate, with detailed training manuals completed for seasonal openings.
- Work with the Chef de Cuisine to ensure opening menu descriptions and pictures are complete for staff training.
- Complete scheduling of staff to ensure adequate coverage and monitor staff performance
- Meet or exceed labor, inventory & cost control targets through proper control methods.
- Daily inventory and stock control reports
- Completion of administrative duties as required
- Ensure a positive guest experience including interaction & satisfaction
- Ensure a positive employee experience through training, motivation & ongoing development of all employees
- Ensure cleanliness & maintenance of outlet at all times
- Regularly communicate with other departments to ensure the overall success of the department and the resort as a whole
- Assist with payroll tracking
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Shovel snow & ensure outlet staff are also shoveling snow as and when required
- Completion of daily snow shoveling logs are completed 3 times daily (winter only)
- Ensure quality of product & services offered at all times
- Knowledge of Maitre’d POS Programming is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Scannabar POS programming is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of service standards and table maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of costing and cost of sale controls
- Knowledge and adherence of ALGC and Food safe legislation.
- Knowledge of Global payment systems.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self motivated, can work well in a team as well as independently
- Skiing/snowboarding ability and equipment
- General knowledge and experience within all FOH operations in the service and hospitality industry
- Excellent positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- ProServe certification and working knowledge of AGLC legislation
- Minimum 2-5 years supervisory experience in Food and Beverage is required
5 On/2 Off * various start times due to business levels and functions*
Outlet dependent, following LLSA appearance standards and health and safety requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Restaurant Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant industry: 5 years (Preferred)