The Sales Associate is responsible for ensuring that every customer has an exceptional experience by suggesting the right products and services necessary to complete their projects. A passion for service and a willingness to develop product knowledge are key components of this role.
· Customer service oriented;
· Welcoming, professional and attentive to the needs of our customers;
· Strong listening and communication skills;
· Proficient with computers, able to learn new software and processes;
· Mature, responsible with sound decision-making skills;
· Retail, sales or customer service experience is a great asset;
· Construction or home renovation knowledge is an asset.
· Ensure that every customer experience exceeds the customer’s expectation;
· Proactively provide Home Hardware customers with expertise and assistance;
· As per the customer’s request, Mix paint cans, copy or make color corrections;
· Promote add on sales, product benefits and services such as installation;
· Increase product knowledge and provide advice for customers and appropriate products;
· Inform customers of current promotions and Aeroplan;
· Other related responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
This position reports to the General Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)