Kiewit is hiring experienced Equipment Operators for the KEV partnership, Stage 2 Ottawa LRT Confederation Line Extension Project. In this role, they will be working with the sewer and aqueduct crew. Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. They will also responsible for the basic maintenance of equipment, safety around equipment and the compliance of markers, grades and stakes.
- Retention bonus for all employees!
- Turnaround available depending on management approval.
- Shift: Day shift (Night shift possibility, if required). Shift will start at 6:30am and can run up to 11 hours, with OT pay.
- Experience with underground utilities, working near city streets and busy traffic areas
- Must be able to work with grade stakes
- Preferred multi operator experience
- Preferred earth works experience
- Must be comfortable working in congested areas near structures
This project is done in collaboration with Operating Engineers Union, Local 793. Successful candidates will have to be either a part of the Union or join the Union, should the current list of members be unavailable.
Kiewit/-Eurovia/-VINCI Ottawa Partnership (KEV) is a joint venture partnership between Peter Kiewit Sons ULC and VINCI Group, and its affiliates. KEV is a world-class team of design, engineering and construction companies with extensive experience on light-rail transit systems. This construction project for the Stage 2 Confederation Line of the Ottawa LRT has an estimated duration of 5 years.
KEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)