Kelly Services is pleased to be supporting our client in the Oil & Gas industry with their requirement for an experience Human Resources Generalist – Workplace Harassment Investigator in Calgary.
-This will be 18 months contact-
Reporting to the Human Resources Governance Manager, this position will be responsible for conducting investigations into allegations of harassment, including activities that contravene law, regulations or Human Resource (HR) Compliance policies.
- Identify instances of policy contravention;
- Conduct confidential investigations involving issues ranging from routine questions on workplace behavior to more sensitive and complex investigations of improper, illegal, harassing or discriminating activities;
- Conduct interviews, gather and assess evidence and write reports of findings;
- Serve as a neutral party who can thoroughly investigate alleged allegations to gather all pertinent information and share conclusions with the appropriate leaders
- Collaborate with legal counsel on a recommended action in response to allegations;
- Partner closely with employment attorneys, Human Resources Consultants and Leaders
- Knowledge of human resources functions, including employee relations, employee and management coaching, mediation;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle high-stress or politically sensitive issues and investigations
- University degree is required; preferably in Human Resources or Law;
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment law related to anti-discrimination, harassment, and retaliation laws;
- Extensive experience with investigative practices and methods;
- HR Investigator or legal training is preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint);
- Experience with SAP is an asset;
- Spanish or French language skills are an asset.
This position will require candidates to:
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Travel on short notice may be required including possessing applicable documentation for CA; US; and Mexico
- Competitive pay rate plus 4 % vacation pay and eligible for statutory holiday pay
- Prompt weekly pay cheque via direct deposit
- A safe working environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth by providing you with free training opportunities via our website
Important information: These positions are recruited for by a remote Kelly office, NOT your local Kelly branch. Please apply directly with your resume to the posting.
About Us Kelly Services believes in relationships not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, and you’re interested in entry-level or management positions on a temporary or permanent basis, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer. Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.72 /hour
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)