Are you a licensed 310J/T mechanic? Are you looking for a fantastic career opportunity with a company who invests in its employees? Look no further; Trailcon Leasing is a leader in the transportation leasing industry and provides a fun, supportive environment to work. Coming to work every day is like coming "home".
- Responsible for the maintenance of Trailcon and Customer equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing: electrical systems; landing gear assemblies and trailer frames; hitching/coupling systems; trailer bodies; suspensions systems; tires, wheels, hubs and axles; air and auxiliary systems; braking systems; heating and refrigeration systems as well as ventilation devices and hydraulic systems
- Using hand tools and various specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, isolate and repair faults
- Reviewing work orders and discussing work to be performed with the supervisor
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Performing scheduled maintenance service
- Advising customers on work performed, general trailer condition and future work required
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications
- Keeping up-to-date on technology and upgrading skills as required
- Parts charge out accuracy is required.
- Accurately entering and updating information through the maintenance tablet in the Maintenance software system.
- May be required to operate a mobile service truck when and as required.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all require certifications related to the trade.
- Other duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO QUALITY
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Previous experience in a similar role or equivalent
- Must be able to work independently and also engage in a Team atmosphere.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organized
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Trailer 310J or equivalent Provincial license.
- Must be able to complete repairs in accordance with Ministry of transportation repair requirements.
The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to high. The job is performed in the office and out of doors, so the employee is subject to variable weather conditions.
- 310J Trailer Mechanic
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Trailer Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Brampton, ON (Preferred)
- 310J (Preferred)
- English (Required)