In this role, the candidate will be Pure Prairie Hemp’s (a True North Cannabis company) on-site interface with our designated farmers, providing support during the upcoming harvest season. The focus of the job will be to travel to designated farms within Alberta and Saskatchewan with company-provided vehicle and collection equipment to provide harvest support. The identified candidate will be required to operate and maintain the harvest collection equipment and assist the farmers as needed in the process.
Compensation and benefits:
- $25.00 per hour.
- Significant OT opportunities during harvest periods.
- Accommodations provided.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Daily per diem.
- Seasonal bonuses may be available based on company and each individual's performance.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have valid class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be 25 or older and have a clean driver’s abstract.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Preference given to strong background and hands-on experience in farming and equipment operation.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and comfortable interacting with customers.
- Able to work alone and manage own time wisely.
- Must be comfortable with driving and towing trailers.
- Flexible to accommodate harvest schedule, and available for long hours at peak harvest times.
- Setup and installation / modifications to support Pure Prairie Hemp’s chaff collection carts with designated farmer combines. This may include modification to company provided chaff carts to support the variance of equipment between designated farmers.
- Transportation of chaff collection carts from harvest location to harvest location.
- On-site farmer support during harvest, to provide assistance with loading and unloading of collected product into company-provided trailers, and general help throughout the day.
- On-site repairs (or assistance where a mechanic is required) and maintenance of the equipment.
- Assist with and implement a schedule for daily work with farmers and those responsible for harvesting.
- Operate equipment used during harvest process; Load and unload goods; Use maps and other trip planning aids; Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems; Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection, and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)