Who We Are
We are a residential home builder/land development company that focuses on community building and land development, with both residential and mixed use developments. We are continuously growing and building across and outside the GTA. Our head office is located at Warden Ave and Highway 7.
Brief Job Description
This candidate will be assisting our accounting department in filing, banking, as well as providing office assistant type duties. This is a permanent full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates office equipment and computers using a variety of software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Prepares forms, letters, etc. utilizing layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Assisting the Accounting Department (reconciling and filing invoices , assist in entering invoices
- Travels to bank for deposits, etc.
- Maintains filling (manual and computerized) for records/documents, including file correspondence, records, reports and inventory lists
- Maintains files, prints and distributes materials, photocopies documents and sends facsimiles;
- Maintains the Inventory lists for all projects (recording information from APSs, record all post-dated deposits coming in and following up on missing information and cheques, etc.);
- Collects, sorts, date stamps, distributes, prepares and processes documents, including mail, fax, statements, invoices, reports, cheque requisitions, and receipts
- Performs other related administrative and accounting duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience performing various clerical support duties
- Experience in using computer software programs, such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, etc and experience with layout and formatting procedures for text, tables, and spreadsheets and mail merging.
- Experience in working with electronic and hard copy confidential data
- Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work in a high pressure, team oriented environment with minimal supervision, working independently and cooperatively with other members of the staff.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and develop effective solutions
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Clerical: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Markham, ON (Preferred)