Administrative Assistant 2
Health Emergency Management BC
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills? The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the designated Senior Leader(s) and assists with the activities of the program/services
What you’ll do
- Provide administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
- Prepare documents including presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports in an accurate and timely manner. Utilize a variety of software applications to ensure professional standards are maintained, relevant and current data is used and end product is appropriately and professionally formatted. Compile information into structured reports.
- Maintain a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the senior leader and others as required. Coordinate meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation. Make catering, travel and accommodation arrangements. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
- Design and maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files including confidential information, such as personnel files, payroll files, financial information and other sensitive documents relating to the management of the Department using methods that can be easily accessible to assigned staff.
- Assist in budget development ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitor expenditures, ensure invoices are authorized to predetermined amounts and analyze and report variances for multiple departments/programs. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Complete and submit timekeeping records, vacation entitlements and respond to related queries from departments such as Finance, Payroll and Human Resources.
- Provide work direction and guidance to support staff as needed to ensure administrative needs of the area are met.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of administrative and clinical policies and helps to ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to policies and procedures.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant/secretarial program, additional course work in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and four (4) years’ progressive experience supporting senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 w.p.m.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Temporary Full-Time Ending 02/03/2023
Hours of work 08:30-16:30
Reference number 110221
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 110221
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary