Director of Sales, Acute Care Therapies
Together we can make a difference!
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Within the Sales department we are looking for…
Director of Sales, Acute Care Therapies
The Director of Sales, ACT directs and coaches the sales and clinical team to establish and achieve annual sales and profit objectives as well as managing the Canadian ACT marketing team. The position identifies and evaluates market opportunities and sales potential. They will formulate sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines, in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. The Sr. Director Sales is also responsible for the management and implementation of company policies and oversees the sales team in their respective area.
This role is responsible for:
- Recruiting, coaching and developing organizational talent.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to motivate and lead a high performance Sales team. This includes overseeing the recruitment and retention processes, identifying, coaching and creating development opportunities for the team.
- Create an entrepreneurial environment and fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Provide general direction to the ACT: Sales, Clinical and Marketing team.
- Demonstrate effective change leadership and keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Monitor and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and articulates a strategic vision for areas of responsibility. Leads assigned departments by developing, communicating, and building consensus for goals and programs that support division, business unit and company objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and continuous improvement of the ACT systems businesses.
- Build strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Typically makes decisions that translate programs established by top management into operational plans and schedules; work is performed without appreciable direction; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization and would seriously affect the financial, employment, or public relations position of the company.
- Develop and calculate budget for one or more departments to meet organizational goals; forecast future departmental or group needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures. This includes determining and establishing organizational structure and supervisory relationships subject to top management approval.
- Maintain relationships and communication with third party distributors. This includes ensuring that both parties are operating by the agreed distributor contract.
- Evaluate the potential benefits and risks associated with new service and support business opportunities.
- Monitors all costs associated with assigned organizational unit as well as company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability, and industry trends and the external environment.
- Provide direction and guidance in the negotiation of sales/prices with existing and new accounts/customers.
- Develop and/or identify new work processes that will have broad applicability throughout the company; contributes ideas for improving work processes and achieving organizational goals; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel in multiple units or departments.
- Create mid- to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
This role will be located in Mississauga.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for the following experience, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Coordinate across functional areas, business units, and/or geographies in order to achieve company and area goals.
- Able to effectively direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups and/or operations.
- Able to work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives, where assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Proven skills making and executing operational decisions with a strategic perspective.
- Capable of utilizing technical/professional knowledge and skills to establish, interpret and execute company policies in a major segment of the company.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting examples, providing guidance and offering counsel.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Valid driver’s License and Passport Required.
Excellent Opportunity! Excellent Benefits!... Dental, Health, Vision, Life and 401(k)
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested candidates please submit your resume!
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.
Job Type: Full-time