Nelson River Construction is currently hiring a motivated Asphalt Paving Foreman for Paving Operations for the 2019 season.
As a leading heavy construction contractor in Winnipeg MB, Nelson River Construction (NRC) operates inter-provincially with the expertise in many areas of heavy construction; from asphalt paving, concrete, aggregate processing and underground services.
We focus on providing a supportive work environment that exceeds expectations and continually improves the quality of everything we do.
The successful candidate must be willing to work out of town and at times in a camp environment.
This is a skilled position requiring the incumbent to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating grading machinery and asphalt paving construction. This position will report directly to the Project Superintendent. As a site Foreman, this position demands professionalism and the ability to take responsibility to safely execute the work in a prompt and efficient manner and to ensure that all work completed meets the customer’s expectation of quality workmanship in safety, quality, environmental mindfulness and site tidiness.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a road construction foreman
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry including the knowledge to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must be able to run screed with automatics.
- Willing to work out of town in remote locations.
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends.
- Display a professional and courteous approach with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public;
- Maintain time and material records necessary to complete daily job costing;
- Directly supervise paving and grading employees;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures;
- Adhere to all company policies and WorkSafe regulations for safe working procedures and environment;
- Perform daily hazard assessments with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies;
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to maintain safe working order;
- Other duties as required
Nelson River Construction Inc offers great growth opportunities, excellent wages and benefits. If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team and a leader in the construction industry please submit your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction foreman: 5 years (Preferred)