Cavan Hills Veterinary Services has been providing our clients with a wide range of cutting edge health care services for their pets for nearly 25 years. It is our primary goal to provide our pet patients with the best possible around-the-clock veterinary care. Our hospital is a fun-loving, fast-paced environment that creates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for not only our patients but also for our staff. We consider both staff and patients to be family, and we work hard to be leaders in the animal care industry. Our clientele is constantly growing and we operate a busy hospital with high levels of traffic. We are looking for someone who is passionate, outgoing, able to multi-task in a fast-paced atmosphere, and is eager to become part of a team.
The Kennel Assistant provides care and the basic needs of animals that are patients of Cavan Hills Veterinary Services. This includes cleaning cages, laundry, walking and proper feeding, medicating and care of all hospitalized patients.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle animals as required and restrain animals
- Walk hospitalized dogs several times a day to provide exercise
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness or discomfort and report to veterinary technicians or veterinarian
- Assure animals being discharged have been checked by technicians and are clean prior to discharge
- Under the supervision of veterinarians or technicians, assist with the administration of medications and post operative care
- Clean surgical instruments and prepare them for sterilization
- Patrol hospital grounds daily, picking up any trash or stool material. Empty garbage bins
- Launder and dry towels and blankets
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to handle and restrain animals using appropriate procedures to ensure the safety of staff
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency
- Exceptional customer service skills and a positive attitude when dealing with clients and staff
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Work well with all employees and and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors and the medicine that we practice
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent