Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role – HR Business Partner – Canada (Beloeil, QC)
The HR Business Partner for Canada will provide Business Partnering and consistent functional excellence in facilitating the achievement of Orica’s Business Goals and HR Strategy through execution of expert Human Resources, Employee Relations and Industrial Relations coaching, advice and support.
· Business Partnering to deliver the strategic human resources support to the business.
· Provide advice and support to line managers to assist them to resolve Employee Relations issues including performance management and discipline.
· Support workforce planning and development initiatives with our Organzation Development group. Provide insight on employee assessments toward successful Succession Planning model.
· Human Resources Policy implementation
· Work with the Regional Human Resources Employee Services teams
· Planning, advise and response to emerging issues
· Coaching Managers one-on-one
· Conduct investigations as required.
· As needed, support managers in employee transitions from the company.
· Implementation of organisation wide projects at local level as required
· Partnering with the Center of Expertise (COE) to deliver specialist functional services, manage the relationship, ensure the COE is aware of the region/site requirements and ensure delivery against agreed standards of service
· Understanding of local collective agreements in the region, including negotiation involvements as required
Travel – Up to 25% throughout Canada, to include last minute travel and overnight trips.
Experience and Qualifications
· 10 years experience in Human Resources
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business
· Bilingual in French and English is required
· Must have experience with supporting a field operations environment
· Experience working with a Global organization is a plus
· Experience working with and supporting Unions is required
· Strong communication, negotiation, collaboration and influencing skills.
· Working knowledge of relevant employment legislation, law and awards.
· Change management skills.
· Strong administration and organisation skills.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to work autonomously and as a virtual team
· Safety is our priority. Always. - The most important thing is that we all return home, safely, every day.
· We respect and value all. - Our care for each other, our customers, communities and the environment builds trusted relationships.
· Together we succeed. - Collaboration makes us better, individually and collectively.
· We act with integrity. - We are open and honest, and we do what is right.
· We are committed to excellence. - We take accountability for our business and for delivering outstanding results.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are robust and flexible, allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Orica is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)