Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintains cordial, professional and businesslike relation with owners and tenants by:
- exercising appropriate judgment and discretion at all times
- communicating and enforcing by-laws appropriately
- being consistently polite, helpful and respectful in all dealing with owners and residents
- distributing minutes and notices as required
- maintaining the highest possible standard of cleanliness in common areas of the building
- ensuring storage rooms, mechanical rooms, parkades, bicycle rooms, hallways and all other common areas are kept free of inappropriate items
- scheduling move-ins and move-outs in accordance with established procedures
- scheduling use of amenity rooms
- maintaining exceptional personal standards of dress, grooming and deportment
2. Maintains the highest standards of Cleanliness by taking care of the following:
- Garbage. Tidy and sort garbage room. Weekly wash blue bins.
- Parkade. Check for garbage and check lights for burned out bulbs on parking levels, elevator lobbies, and hallways.
- Lounge. Periodically check lounge. Vacuum after close. Wipe down all surfaces, empty garbage, organize furniture.
- Lobbies. Vacuum and tidy. Clean windows and check garbage. Mop floor, dust baseboards and furniture. Spot clean all glass.
- Organize mail boxes.
- Elevators. Clean floors, glass, surfaces, clean track. Weekly complete clean of the all mirrors and spot clean glass and elevator landings. Mop landings.
- Security and Administrative. Ensure noise disturbances etc are catalogued correctly. View security monitors periodically. Deal with any special circumstances.
- Other. Perform any special requests as per Manager, for example monitor parkade garage to ensure residents wait for gate to close and post notices.
3. Personally ensures efficient operation of the building by:
- Implementing decisions of council as expressed in meeting minutes
- Inspecting all common areas daily, taking required action and maintaining accurate records
- Responding to emergency situations and liaising with first responders as appropriate
- Controlling and documenting petty cash used for authorized expenses
- Developing and updating procedures for response to major emergencies, including main gas shut off, standpipe water shut off, boiler shut down, and electrical shut off
- Maintaining a current list of all equipment owned by the strata corporation
- Supervising removal of all waste and recycling material
Supporting our Associates during COVID-19
At FirstService Residential, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. In response to COVID-19, we are taking all precautions necessary to ensure a safe environment for our communities, buildings and residents. In order to maintain a high level of safety, we have implemented:
- Extra cleaning in high traffic and common areas
- Extra cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer provided
- Two-meter boundary taped around concierge desk to maintain social distancing for interactions
- New distanced process for delivery of parcels to residents
- Reporting procedure for any employee COVID concerns, with on-going support
- Masks provided to all associates
- Residents in all buildings are informed of our COVID protocols and how procedures have been adjusted
We thank you in advance for your interest!
Only those who possess the required skills will be contacted for an interview. If you are interested in this position, please reply with your resume and make sure you are available for the hours posted above.
FirstService Residential is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is our policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all current and prospective associates. This applies to all employment-related matters, including the recruitment process, hiring decisions, compensation and benefits. We are committed to providing and maintaining a working environment that is based on respect and preserves the dignity and rights of everyone in the organization. If you have questions before or during the application process about our equal opportunity workplace, please reach out to our Recruitment team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- caretaker: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaner: 1 year (Preferred)