If you are passionate about informing process through the provision of sophisticated psychometric leadership and advice, then this is the job for you!
As one of several Psychometricians in the Branch, you will take the lead on:
- planning and development of business systems and system development teams,
- managing the psychometric aspects of the Division's work, and;
- leading and coordinating the operations-based psychometric consultative, research and communication functions for other education professionals.
But that's not all. This is also an opportunity to be part of an innovative and agile team, ask questions, make connections in a complex environment and proactively identify approaches that will enhance performance in the education system.
- A Master's degree in the field of educational measurement or a related field plus 5+ years of experience solving psychometric and statistical problems.
- Experience working with psychometric statistics in a large-scale assessment context, including proven ability to build and test custom scoring and reporting systems.
- Strong computing skills and high-level ability to work with large-scale data using software applications such as SPSS, EQS, BILOG, CIPE, PARSCALE, TESTGRAF, Visual Basic, MS Access, and/or MS Excel.
- Experience with the education system, structures, and policies of school authorities.
- A PhD (or equivalent) in educational measurement or a related field.
Equivalencies may be considered on the basis of one year of education for one year of related experience or a University degree in a related field.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies: http://psc.alberta.ca/APSCompetencies
The following are critical competencies for the Psychometrician:
Drive for Results - you will set and accomplish goals and priorities in order to deliver outcomes. In addition, you will identify potential efficiencies, different ways of working and opportunities to contribute to the work of others.
Build Collaborative Environments - you will promote collaboration and positive relationships within and across groups and build commitment to reach desired results.
Systems Thinking - the work done within the APS is part of a larger integrated and inter-related environment. It is important to know that work done in one part of the APS impacts a variety of other groups/projects inside and outside the APS. Systems Thinking allows us to keep broader impacts and connections in mind.
Creative Problem Solving - you will engage others to scope and solve issues and find the best solutions. You will also encourage debate and idea generation from across the organization.
debate and idea generation from across the organization.
$3,760.56 to $4,994.98 bi-weekly ($98,150 to $130,368 annually)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta, at equal or lower classification and salary
Hours of work:
8:15AM - 4:30PM, Monday to Friday (36.25 hours/week)
Final candidate for this position will be asked to undergo a Security Screening.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.psc.alberta.ca/Practitioners/DocList410.cfm
- Pension plan: http://www.pspp.ca/
- Pension Plan: https://www.mepp.ca/page/mepp-home
- Leadership and mentorship programs;
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
In addition to the salary, the total compensation of benefits is approximately 20% for the Psychometrician position. This is comprised of:
- Health Care Spending account/Flexible spending account - $900 per year
- Public Service Pension Plan - a defined Benefit pension plan - A Defined Benefit pension plan provides a member with a set (defined) monthly pension for his or her lifetime once the member retires. Employee and Employer contribute equally. 10.47% for salary up to 58,700 and 14.95% for salary that exceeds $58,700
- Benefits (Extended medical, prescription drug plan, dental, life insurance) - Premiums are shared between Employer/Employee
- Short/long term disability benefits
https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-public-service-benefits-directives.aspx - link to benefits
https://www.alberta.ca/Vacation-leave-directive.aspx - link to vacation directives
How to Apply
To apply online, users will be required to have an online account: https://www.alberta.ca/navigating-online-jobs-application.aspx
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Azeezat Olofa, Alberta Education, Phone: (403) 355-4740 Fax: (403) 476-4984.
As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file using the following suggested naming convention: Lastname,Firstname_JobID1056796
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
Tips for Applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Stefanie Garofalo at Phone: (780) 641-9517. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.