At Irving Personal Care, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Personal Care is the only manufacturer of baby diapers and training pants in Canada. Our Moncton plant uses state-of-the-art equipment and technology to produce premium quality products.
We are currently accepting applications for current and future openings for Forklift Operators. This position can lead to future opportunities with our team.
Reporting to the Warehouse Lead, the ideal candidate will be a strong team player with a desire to excel in a manufacturing environment. This is a unique opportunity for a confident, detail-oriented individual, who demonstrates flexibility and the initiative to learn new tasks.
- Education Required: High School Diploma required, Trade Certification or Associate Degree would be an asset
- Forklift Certification or previous forklift experience would be considered an Asset (training will be provided)
- Years of Experience Required: <2 years
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- High degree of safety awareness
- Strong working knowledge of computer software programs like MS Office
- Knowledge in Advanced Warehousing, storage and distribution
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a warehousing environment
- Self-starter and ability to think, work, and interact well with others
- Ability to remain logical and calm while working under pressure
- Willingness to work rotating, 12-hour shifts and weekends
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through and deliver results
- Maintain tidy and orderly appearance of the warehouse while minimizing hazards to operating safely
- Shipping and receiving finished goods and raw materials, including all LTL
- Minimize damage to raw materials and equipment by ensuring proper storage and maintenance
- Ensure maintenance of accurate inventory balance, first in, first out, with respect to identification, location and quantity of all raw materials
- Follow accurate schedule according to warehouse and distribution
- Ensure materials and inventory are properly accounted for and discrepancies are resolved
What We Offer:
- Starting wage of $*24.938*/hour with opportunity to progress
- Night shift and Sunday premiums
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- RRSP retirement plan
- Plant bonus potential
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Irving Personal Care is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Salary: From $24.94 per hour
- What is your email address?
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person