The Customer Service Representative works directly with customers and employees, handling inquiries, product returns, exchanges and sales transactions efficiently and professionally. Customer service and computerized cash register proficiency is essential for success in this position to enhance the customer experience.
· Smiles, makes eye contact, greets and thanks customers (by name where possible).
· Guides customer to the location of requested items.
· Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire!”).
· Responds to and handles multiple customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
· Operates cash register, computer, fax machine, printer and electronic funds terminals (debit cards, credit cards) and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
· Provides announcements professionally through a public address system.
· Processes returns and exchanges using the computerized system.
· Follows established policies and procedures on returns and rain checks.
· Maintains merchandise around the customer service area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently (labels, facing, clean area etc.).
· Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
· Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and price.
· Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
· Follows up with product returns to ensure they are sent to the respective departments.
· Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
· Identifies and alerts Management to security problems, customer concerns and inquiries.
· Shares opinions and ideas on how to improve store processes and success.
· Participates in meetings and all training as required; listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Complies with company, store and department policies.
· Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
· Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
Application Deadline: 2021-02-15
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (preferred)
- Cashier: 2 years (preferred)