Ice Development Ltd. is currently seeking a S.R. Accounting Manager who will be responsible for defining standards, policies, procedures, measures and organizational enhancements to meet Company goals for Finance and Administration. This role will oversee all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and other corporate functions. The Accounting Manager will advise and assist Senior Management in meeting and exceeding the overall financial and strategic objectives of the Company – helping to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting department, including A/P, A/R, Payroll, Financial Accounting and inter company transactions.
- Supervise and mentor our dedicated accounting team.
- Oversee the monthly close process, including review of account and credit card reconciliations, accrual entries etc.
- Reconcile revenue daily and follow up on discrepancies;
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Coordinate with outside contractors and service providers
- Maintain employee files and assist with new employee onboarding, including new hire documentation
- Performing expense statement reconciliations
- Understand work in progress reports.
- Preparing preliminary payment runs
- Knowledge of accounts receivables and collection routines are required to secure payments;
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and distributed in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodical financial review meetings with operational stakeholders, highlighting areas of concern and providing guidance.
- Review and improve existing processes with regards to efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, ensuring company assets are safeguarded and accuracy of financial information for audit purposes is supported.
- Provide financial analyses and operational support as it pertains to margin variances and sales analyses and other key operating metrics.
- Liaising and coordinating the annual audit.
- cash forecasting
- Performing other administrative tasks as required
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising Accounting teams, with a proven ability to lead teams effectively, manage performance and provide mentorship.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Able to work independently and stay organized
- Able to take initiative and prioritize work tasks
- Construction experience & knowledge is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office - particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly adaptable to change and work well under pressure.
- Organized, accurate, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to provide hands-on assistance where required.
- Experience in using Quickbooks accounting software would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; preference to candidates with a designation. (Required)
- Full Cycle Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- financial reporting: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)